Monday, April 25, 2016

Day 27 of Thankfulness ~ My Husband

Day 27: My Husband Yesterday I thanked God for marriage. Especially for the patience God has had for me and for my man, in our marriage, but today I want to specifically tell you why I'm thankful for James! For as long as I have known him, he has always been the most gentle person I know. He is especially gentle and loving with children, especially his own. The children love their father and rush to meet him when he arrives home, Quintin with his arms stretched as high above him as possible, trying to be the "first" one noticed, picked up, hugged, and kissed. My husband always kisses them and hugs them, and that says a lot for a man. A lot of men aren't that way and could care less. I don't think it would matter if we had one child, or ten... He would have a hug, or kiss, or word for each of them, upon his arrival home. He tells them he loves them, most everyday...another thing some men just don't do. He takes them with him when he goes places, always spoiling them with milkshakes, a toy, or candy. He teaches them life skills, hard work, and gentleness towards women, animals, and children. He has a soft heart for children. He's a great dad! I wouldn't want anyone else to be their dad. Let's just say, I'd have ten kids with him, just because he's always been a man I could trust with children, and he's the exact dad I would want to have. He's not a perfect dad, and hasn't been perfect, but neither have I been a perfect mom! :) I have always trusted his provision. He is a great provider, and would sacrifice anything to buy me something I happened to want! He would work three or four jobs before he EVER would allow me to work. He knows how hard I work everyday, here. He knows that if I worked, it wouldn't add much to our income, with childcare expenses, gas, and food. Most men are VERY naive in this area and push their wives to work because they think it will add to the income, but usually, it really doesn't. Plus, even if we did have some profit, we would lose things we don't want to lose (seeing our kids grow up, home cooked meals where we all sit at the table together, being able to be in ministry, but mostly...being able to homeschool)! My husband is very talented. He can fix anything, he's a great horseshoer, a hard worker; he can do anything, really. He is a fast thinker when it comes to doing something under pressure. He's a fast decision maker (sometimes to his detriment, but lots of times to his or our advantage). I know that I can trust him to fix anything, especially if it has wheels (which in have usually broken--lol!). He's not lazy, and even if it takes some time for him to get to something, eventually it will get done. I would rather have him hugging and holding kids than always fixing stuff, right away, anyway! He's pretty patient with me. I BREAK EVERYTHING! I lose stuff or forget something and he never seems to care, really. It might irritate him for a moment, but I can TRUST that if I do something, he's not going to go off on me. That's huge for me, because I'm a scatterbrain!!! I don't think through things very well, sometimes, so I make bad decisions, that usually cost money. Lol. He's awesome in this way. I like to keep the house and yard really clean (it's hard recently with the home remodeling and slow process of moving in) but I can tell you, that if I was a slob, or let something go 'a little too long' there would be absolutely NO mention of it. If I let my eyebrows go a little too long (which I would never do. Lol), there would be NO mention of it. Now if I was unhealthy and overweight, there'd be some mention of that because that's kind of a pet peeve of his, but he would still love me and be an encouragement, not a critic. He's never critical of me, and has never said mean things about me or to me. Now, he might be a little "unobservant" but that's where I get away with not shaving everyday. Lol! He might get a little mad at me for something I did or said, but he is over it FAST! He 'buries the hatchet' pretty well, which I'm awful at. :) He's really handsome, to me! :) <3 He's made a lot of mistakes...some he didn't learn from until later, but he keeps going. He doesn't quit. I can trust that he isn't going anywhere. That's HUGE for me!!! I've made a lot of mistakes, some I didn't learn from until later, but I don't quit either. I can trust that he'd not give up on me, no matter what I ever did. That's HUGE for me!!! He's a fun person. I'm kind of boring ! :). So we compliment each other, well! There's so much I could say!!! There's some I can't say about him but the point is, he's not perfect. He struggles like all of us do. And he has struggled with God, himself, his past, but is coming out stronger for it! Most of all, I know that he loves The Lord! He is learning more about Him, and that won't ever change! I love my husband and I am thankful for him! He has taught me a lot; lots of things I wouldn't have learned without him. He's perfect for me because where I am strong, he is weak and where he is strong, I am weak!! And neither of us are quitters! That's the perfect recipe for a marriage that will endure!!! <3

No comments: