Thursday, November 5, 2009

What We Did In October....

Sheesh, I am late posting for October! I will have to post today while we are doing school, when I get a minute here or there. I am using my laptop right now, as my desktop kept crashing and turning off every few minutes (another reason I am late in posting).

The rainy season is here and most of October we got a lot of rain although we've had a week without much of it this first week of November. We will get a lot more, I'm sure. I like it; it's better than snow! :) My mom already got some snow in Idaho and I am so thankful I am not going to have to deal with it, here. I think I have said something along this lines in every monthly post! Ha ha! I really am thankful! :)

I was down with the flu twice in October. It was awful. Before I could get better from the first one, I was sick again. No one else got it, so that was wierd but nice at the same time. Here I was expecting everyone to get it while i was sick and couldn't take care of them. I was wiped out, totally. I should have gone to the hospital for the dehydration but I decided to just drink what I could hold down (small sips of water or juice). I lost ten pounds. Luckily, James was able to get off early one of the days and that was nice. Sheldon got a bad fever, and Zane and Abbie got runny noses but no one got the symptons that I got.

Somehow I made it to AWANA every week to lead, and only missed one night of Bible Study. I made it to church each Sunday. It was the homeschooling that got skipped. We did what we could. God is good, and we were able to somehow catch up. The joy, ease and flexibility of homeschooling...I love it!

We didn't end up going trick or treating. We had a fun Halloween night at church that the kids dressed up for earlier in the week. I was a farmer, Sheldon a cow, Zane a Transformer and Abbie a Princess (Cinderella). It was fun. We meant to go trick or treating on post, but that day James had horses to shoe and came home with three rabbits (one for each kid). They were neglected at this barn and our friend Katie was trying to get rid of them because their owner didn't care about them. We had been wanting to get three girl bunnies in the Spring for the kids, so we ended up getting them early! :) They were free and came with cages and feeders, etc. We made the three cages into one big cage with a nesting box and they are a lot happier. Zane's is named Penelope. She is white-ish cream with copper spots. Abbie's is Rosie. She is white with pink ears and eyes. Sheldon's is named Chloe and she is solid black! My kids are in love with them! We plan to buy a big hutch for them, when we can and put it out in the backyard. Then we also want to put some woven wire fence around the bottom of our trampoline so that in the Spring, summer and fall the bunnies can be out for exercise AND the kids can play under there with them. It will be shady and cool under there and the grass grows really well under there. I had rabbits when I was little and have always liked them. :)

Jimmy went to the e-6 promotion board this month and scored a 147, so we're waiting to see if he gets picked up on December first. We hope so! It will be nice and he deserves it. He has a LOT of promotion points! :) Maybe next month I will be posting that my husband is now a Staff Sergeant! Yippee.

Not much else is going on really. I have just been doing the homeschool thing, the church thing and staying inside a lot, which is fine with me! I'm doing a beautiful, whimsical 1500 piece puzzle of Noah's Ark. It is gorgeous and I plan to frame it for the boys room. I am also reading the Chronicles of Narnia series by CS Lewis and am enjoying that.

OH>>>> My sister Naomi is PREGNANT again! :) She is 7 weeks and feeling really good so that is great news (she is the one who miscarried in August)! Sarah's baby will be born in March and Naomi's should be due around July. So, really it's not that far after Sarah's and they can still have a double baby shower and share baby clothes, and such! :) Great news!

Well, I think thats all for now. I will add some pictures to this once I find some BATTERIES for my camera! Ugh. I don't even have pictures of the bunnies yet!

Blessings to all, Rachelle

1 comment:

Bobbi Martens said...

Rachelle, your sickness sounded horrible. You lost 10 pounds?!? That doesn't sound good at all and I'm sure you will be trying to gain it back ASAP. :)
I'm so very excited that Naomi is pregnant again and doing well! God is good. Do keep us updated on your sisters and their babies, as the months go by.