Monday, September 28, 2009

It's Fall!

MY BEAUTIFUL HORSE
20 1/2 YEARS OLD HERE


MY HUSBAND AND JACKSON AT
THE UNIT FORMAL



THE KIDDOS ON HOPE
FRIEND SARAH, ABBIE, SHELDON
AND ZANE THROWING GRASS! :)
HOPE IS SO SWEET TO THEM!



FRIEND SARAH, ABBIE AND SHELDON



JAMES AND RACHELLE AT THE 2009 FORMAL







BEFORE THE FORMAL, LOOKING SASSY!



"I DON'T WANNA DO SCHOOL"....LOL!






~IT'S FALL ~


Holy Cow, September went by so fast that I barely remember what happened this month! I figure it's school that is making it go by so fast! :)

I feel so bad that I haven't been able to blog but once a month, but I just haven't felt the desire to pour out my heart online much these days. Mostly, that is because my husband is home now and I can pour out my heart to him when I need to! :) Still, I wish I could post more often and not just my monthly report, but something with more depth and feeling...hmm...maybe this winter!

What a glorious season Fall is, especially in Washington! :) It's warm during the day and cool at night. I love it! Mostly I love it because I don't have to worry so much about surviving horrid winters, here, like I had to in Idaho.

Well, we've been doing school, doing the church thing and we started AWANA this month. I am now the Sparks Director and it's a hefty job, so please pray for me as I go about this endeavor and ministry! I am NOT a good speaker and like Moses, I feel inadequate. Maybe you all could pray about that when you think of me. It's a very big responsibility and there is a lot of weekly preparation, so it takes time and much studying and prayer, on my part. I need it though. I love children's ministry, so it should be even better for me than when I was a Color leader for Sparks. I need to grow in the Lord and this is a way for me to come out of my shy shell (shy when it comes to presenting the Gospel, anyway). I have SO many color leaders, though! I am so blessed with their willingness to serve God and to help me. Our Sparks team lacks organization, so I am definitely thankful for these willing members of our church, in this whole thing! I have more than enough leaders, so I think we'll have a great year!

Church is going well...we are SO INCREDIBLY blessed at McKenna Community Church!!! I cannot say it enough. Each Sunday I am blessed, filled to overflowing, taught, drawn out, and just happy! I love our church. I'm so glad and thankful to God that he has led us to this particular one. What a LOVING, KIND, CARING and ALL-KNOWING God we serve! WOW! I have made so many good friends, too, many of which who have become dear to my heart already.

School is going smoothly! :) Zane is doing very well and I get better each day it seems. Homeschooling takes practice and I know it will be a few years before I reach my potential, at this whole thing!

Our Unit Formal went well! I will post pictures of that! We had a great time. The food was wonderful and the ceremony meaningful ( especially so soon after Terry's death). We enjoyed watching the drunk people. It was hilarious. We will probably go again next year. I had fun and felt like a Princess!

Oh, the first week in September my husband's Grandfather and Step-Grandmother came for a visit, while on their RV trip across the US. It was great to see them and give them a nice home-cooked meal! The kids enjoyed seeing them and they enjoyed meeting Sheldon for the first time.

This past weekend I got to meet a facebook friend that I've known for a little over a year but never got to meet. Amy and Sean and their little girl, Sarah came over for dinner and we saddled up Hope for them. They seemed to enjoy it and I just loved meeting their family. They are an Army family, too, and just got stationed here at Lewis.

My Ladies Bible Study group starts tomorrow night! I am so excited to have some one on one time with my girlfriends without the children around. :) I think James might be doing the Men's Bible Study (at the same time) but they have child-care at the church, so that will be great.

Really not much else going on to report about. I stay super busy doing all the things I do around here! :) I do want all of you to know that I think of you often, love you and care about what is going on in your lives! Let's keep in touch! <3

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us".

If you are a believer, never forget what Christ did for you....where he pulled you up out of....that he saved you when you were still in sin! If you aren't a believer and have never been converted, know that God cares, that He loves and that he saves the lowliest of sinners along with the little child who has hardly sinned yet in his/her lifetime...we have ALL sinned and we have all fallen short of His Glory.

Rachelle

1 comment:

Anne said...

Surprise! I couldn't leave a November comment because the page would not open, so let's see if you read this. I am not very good at doing anything on the web unless I absolutely HAVE to, which is why I haven't written before, but I've been thinking about you, being as I saw your mom at the neighborhood potluck and she looks SO good! She says she's lost 30 lbs, and she looks 10 years younger. She was supposed to get 2 of my peacocks yesterday but I haven't been home and I haven't called Tim to see how it went, so you probably know before me. Anyway, you have 2 different dates of you in that red dress, April 23, 2006 and September 2009. Did you push the wrong button on your camera? When are you coming for Christmas? I will be VERY UPSET if I don't see you. Maybe we can all do Christmas together if you have it at your mom's (there's only 3 of us) or maybe we can go to the Congregational Church Christmas Eve service. They always have a nice candlelight celebration. Write me! I have a new email anne.wildthing@gmail.com. I was having a big problem with earthnet and it has gotten worse since I complained I wasn't getting my email because now I am getting it AND a ton of spam! See you! "Grandma" Anne