Tuesday, March 3, 2009

February Update

The month of February was pretty much annoying, but we made it through! Even though it was a short month, which was nice, it was just so slow! I wish I had written a post about it a week or so ago, because now I can't remember all we did! :(

Around Valentine's my friend (Cheryl) and I went to a free showing of Fireproof, at the church where I lead AWANA. My friend is separated from her husband, and my husband is gone, and neither of us really wanted to go alone, so we went together and it was a nice evening out of the house. There was free childcare. I own the movie, but I could watch it over and over...
On Valentine's Cheryl and I, and the kids all went to a Spaghetti Dinner/Feed in benefit of the Back Country Horsemen Club here in our area. I have a friend in that club who paid my and the kid's way, so another cost-free outing. :) Valentines was annoying...it is my favorite holiday, so ....

About a week after Valentine's I was sick of arguing with my husband over the phone, the general distraction of Facebook and the internet and people calling me, or me calling people... Also, my prayer life hasn't been what I have wanted it to be, so I decided to go on a communication fast for one week.....no internet (we didn't even turn the computer on), no making phone calls (I didn't turn my phone off or anything...people still called me, but I didn't chat with them. I just got off as soon as possible), no radio, no tv..... It was really hard at first but then I had no desire to even get on the computer. My husband and I didn't even call each other. It was very needed. I was at the point that I couldn't focus and was turning everything into a fight and being generally disagreeable.

I also started preparing myself mentally for moving so I could get started packing on the first of March. We have found a rental that we really like, and are pretty sure we will get. It's really nice and I will add a link to this post... :)


We didn’t get any snow in January or February, except an occasional powdering. It was so nice not to have to shovel snow. Everyday when I go out to feed my horse, a teeny bit more of the driveway is showing, but there is still a lot of snow out there! And the temps are still cold...freezing at night and just above freezing during the day...our highest temp this spring has probably been about 40 or 41. I am getting very discouraged! :( I hate cold weather and I am so happy to be finally moving to a different part of the northwest!

We have about 37 more days until James gets home. I have already gone through all articles of clothing and sorted it all, given stuff away, and found the clothes that Sheldon will need for 2009...(out of Zane’s old things). And then yesterday I started packing all the fragiles, pictures, music and movies. Today I am doing the books and part of our schoolroom. I love moving because it gives you a chance to sort and give things away that you don’t need or want anymore!

The animals are doing well. Hope (my horse) will need her shots, coggins test, and health/traveling certificate this month (the end of March or very beginning of April). We have friends that will be moving her for us, since we gave our horsetrailer to my parents in 2008. They are good friends we have known since 1999. :)


The kids are all doing well! :) Zane is almost done with his Kindergarten this year....he has a few pages in his mathbook, 2 readers left and about 50 pages in his Phonics Book. He is excited! We will do school until the 8th of April, take a break to move and then continue around the 20th of April, and into May and a few days in June. I was hoping to be done by the time James gets home but it is not going to happen, mostly because of his Readers. I can’t push him, so that will be all we will work on finishing in May. I am looking forward to the summer break!

Abbie is doing great! She is so smart and never ceases to surprise me with what she already knows and learns from Zane. She can memorize scripture better than most of the kids I teach in Sparks and she is only a first year Cubbie! :) I am so proud of her! I need to more randomly post things, because nothing really changes month to month with the kids! It just seems I only have time to report on a monthly basis right now!

Sheldon turned two on the tenth of February and we haven’t celebrated, yet. We are planning to have a little party for him at our new house. It will probably just be a family party! Birthday parties are actually really expensive, and I tend to go overboard! Ha! Anyway, he is becoming a monster child and I am having several obedience issues. Part of me just wants to let it all slide because of the move coming up very soon and just the fact that I am so tired! I need to buckle down, though! The other two are getting annoyed with him, his screeching and his bad attitude and yelling! Just writing this down makes it a lot easier for me to come to the conclusion that I need to do something about this before it embarrasses my family! .....

Well, that is about it for now...I will try to post more whenever I want to write something (which happens a lot). I have things I want to write and then I tell myself to remember it for later, but I never do!

Anyway, sorry for the most boring post ever!................. Happy Spring you all! :)

No comments: